JOB TITLE: CLASS I TECHNICIAN - SHOP MECHANIC
COMPANY: POWDER RIVER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES INC
LOCATION: BILLINGS, MONTANA
STATUS: FULL TIME
Reports to: ` Director of Maintenance Gillette WY
Salary: Hourly Wage Based on Experience
Approved: Kristine Johnston HR Manager
· Requires a minimum of supervision or direction.
· Must meet the requirements of Class I Technician.
· Must be able to diagnose the correct failure mode, using the appropriate Technical Manual procedures and special tools on all vehicle systems.
· Must be able to perform complete component removal, installation, disassembly, and reconditioning, following the Technical Manual procedures.
· Must be able to properly and safely operate all functions of vehicles owned by PRTS Coach USA
· Prefer CDL Class B with Passengers/Airbrakes or must be able to qualify for CDL with P and A within 6 months of hire
· Prefer Motor Coach Maintenance experience will consider other maintenance experence
· HVAC certification
· Brake Inspector Certification
· Able to weld, solder and braze
· Completion of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
· Ability to work multiple shifts
· Must have basic tool requirements.
· Working knowledge of motor carrier rules & regulations under MT and US DOT
· Advanced application knowledge of modern computer and office technology
· Working knowledge Experience in Motorcoach Diagnostics
· Or any equivalent combination of education, training or experience that meets the classification pre-requisites.
· Advanced working knowledge of the Motorcoach transportation industry
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
· FA or other software to track parts, time and equipment worked on
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Proven diagnostic skills on all vehicle systems.
o Demonstrate use of diagnostic and test equipment and special tools.
· Perform reconditioning and/or repairs of all vehicle systems and components.
· Perform diagnosis and repair vehicles in shop and in the field as required.
· Demonstrate skills to other Technicians as required.
· Report any additional work required on vehicle to Supervisor/Group leader/Foreman to ensure proper and safe operation of the vehicle.
· Participate in Maintenance Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
· Prepare and complete all reports, forms and work orders required in conjunction with work assignments.
· Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly manner.
· Maintain and care for department tools, equipment, and vehicles.
· Follow all safety rules and regulations.
· Conduct self in the presence of customers, both internal and external so as to present a professional image of the company.
· Perform all other service tasks as directed by the Manager or Supervisor/Foreman/Group Leader.
· Assist with purchases parts and supplies as needed for the operation
· Serves as on-call for mechanical emergencies
· Enforces company policies and procedures
· Assist with review of work orders, assign tasks to employees and verify the quality of work performed by doing quality pm and repair audits
· Maintains a safe and productive work environment
· Troubleshoots and evaluate options to determine the best course of action
· Promotes team building and coaching skills
· Employs a strong sense of negotiation skills
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be able to lift 70 pounds at one time
· Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions, including outdoors
· Minimal Travel (travel to outlying locations may be necessary)
· Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, special days, etc.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability or any other protected group status.
To apply please go to; jobs.coachusa.com